Student Health Insurance
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR STUDENTS
A new Central State University student health insurance plan will go into effect in August of the 2015-2016 academic year as a result of new healthcare laws. The annual cost is $1,630.00. You will automatically be billed for this along with other fees, but now you will have the option to waive the cost if you submit proof of other health insurance. (Other insurance includes coverage under a parent’s plan or Medicaid.)
By law, health insurance plans must now offer coverage for the following:
- Outpatient office visits
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative services and devices
- Free physical exams and cancer screening tests
- Laboratory services
- No maximum limits on covered costs
- No pre-existing illness rules
Here are some things you can do to prepare for the changes:
- Visit https://www.healthcare.gov/young-adults/college-students/ for more information about health insurance for college students.
- Sign up for Medicaid if you are eligible. For help, please contact certified application experts: Joseph Smith at 937-554-5076 or Carlos Morrison 937-620-3930.
- Locate the name and policy number of other insurance and keep it in a safe place.
- Plan for higher health care costs in your personal budget.
Please be aware that payment of claims from the current CSU Student Health Plan will end after the
new plan becomes effective.
For further information, please contact Dr. Karen Mathews at 937-376-6076, email@example.com