Student Health Services
We provide quality health care services for the illness, injury, and wellness needs of Central State University students. Student Health services is located on the west side of the campus in the Lackey-Lee building, attached to the Louis Stokes Building.
- The Clinic is staffed by a full-time physician, a full-time nurse practitioner, and medical support staff, who deliver excellent quality care.
- You must be seen at the clinic first to determine if a referral is needed, including ER visits, (when possible). Unauthorized visits are reviewed by the Medical Director, and those found to be unjustified are the student's responsibility. Charges for an unauthorized visit may (1) not be honored by the Student Medical Plan; (2) be charged to the student; or (3) be charged to the parent, if student is under 18 years of age.
- If there is a true emergency and the Student Health Center is closed, at least partial payments of Emergency visits will be considered. For emergency medical situations during the clinic's non-operating hours, the ambulance should be dispatched through Greene County Central Communication 911 system.
- If you are a full time student or have purchased the CSU Health Care Plan, you can be seen by us to take care of your acute needs. Health education and limited health screenings are also available.
- The Student Health Insurance plan is mandatory for all full-time students, taking 12 or more credit hours. Part-time students (with less than 12 credit hours) may purchase the health insurance plan. This coverage is to provide convenient medical treatment here on the Campus. The Health Care Plan will also pay for a percentage of referrals made to local providers in the area, including needed ER visits. As is routine with group insurance coverage, the student must assume the responsibility for payment of any remaining balance. Please contact, Anita Crosswhite at 937-376- 6075 with any questions in reference to Student Health Insurance.
- It is very important that you pick up a Central State University Student Health Plan booklet at the SHC. Please read and keep this booklet. The booklet provides information on what services are and are not covered.
- Examples of provided services include: PAP smears, sexually transmitted disease screening, pregnancy testing, birth control, acute illnesses and injuries, rashes, asthma flair-ups, education, and delivering health advice. Examples of services not provided include monitoring of high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma maintenance medications, and physicals (other than University required). If you have any questions about Health Care Coverage, you can call us at 937-376-6134.
|Dr. Karen Mathews
Director of Student Health Services