Other Student Links
EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM
Student Health Services
Total Wellness Vision
Central State University’s vision is to provide clinic services that enhance the educational experience of our students in a supportive and professional environment. The Student Health Center would like to be an integral part of keeping you healthy while completing your studies here at Central State. Your physical and mental health influences your academic performance. The health clinic is part of the total wellness concept embodied in the Student Health Center. The center understands there are multiple dimensions of wellness that must be addressed to help students succeed at CSU. In addition to a health clinic, the Student Health Center houses Counseling Services, Disability Services, a Relaxation Room, and a Study Resource Room. Our staff believe care for you involves adherence to our core values: integrity, compassion, accountability, and mutual respect.
Student Health Clinic is open 8 am-5 pm, Monday–Friday.
Walk-ins are accepted but appointments are highly encouraged to optimize use of your time and limit missed class time.
The clinic offers a wide range of services including:
- Evaluation and treatment of common simple illnesses
- Evaluation and treatment of common simple injuries
- Sexual health consultations
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Gynecological exams, including PAP smear screenings
- Physical activity and exercise advice
- Nutrition Information and consultations
- Limited on-site prescription medications
- Referrals to specialists when indicated
- In-house laboratory testing
- Medication samples (when supplies are available) –FREE
- Loan items (ex. crutches) – FREE
The clinic is staffed by a family physician, nurse practitioner, and certified medical assistant. All are certified in their respective professions and collectively have over 65 years of clinical experience. They are here to help you! They will coordinate health services and resources for you to provide you with a healthy college experience.
|Dr. Karen Mathews
Director of Student Health Services